Thursday, December 09, 2004

Watch Out For The Lizard King!

I ended up writing a comparison between The Pied Piper and Jim Morrison. It seemed kind of fatuous and flippant when I came up with the topic, but the more reserch I did the more I saw the connections between the two legendary figures. Supposedly The Pied Piper is more fiction, Jim Morrison more fact, but the similarities are startling. And what’s more, Morrison’s own life has become a legend for later rock stars to follow. So The Lizard King follows the archetype of the Pied Piper, and Keith Moon followed the archetype of The Lizard King. I started the paper with a brief rendition of the Pied Piper myth and followed that with a “reverse-displacement” of The Doors first and only appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. I enjoy them immensely, but I won’t have time to present them in class, so I’ve posted them to my blog. You can find the paper below. Its been a really interesting semester and I wish you all good luck on your finals. Happy holidays!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dupa Jasia said...

That the act of coition in the vagina is described as a going down instead of in http://www.facebook.com the usual way as a going up, I have also found true in other instances[2].. There were, http://www.blogger.com of course, many other observations which Freud made while dissecting the dreams of his patients, but not all of them present as much interest as the foregoing nor were they as revolutionary or likely to wield as much influence on modern psychiatry.. I had just consummated an unusually hearty dinner, of which the dyspeptic truffe formed http://www.google.com not the least important item, and was sitting alone in the dining-room with my feet upon the fender and at my elbow a small table which I had rolled up to the fire, and upon which were some apologies for dessert, with some miscellaneous bottles of wine, spirit, and liqueur.. But I began to investigate for the source of this incongruous expression of the solicitude felt during the day, and analysis revealed the connection.. I vish you may go to de devil yourself you dem yankee-doo-dell, and I vill go and drown myself, tout de suite , right avay...

April 6, 2007 at 5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home